Google Redesigns Google Search on Tablets
Google has changed the way Google.com shows on tablets. The new interface focuses on making content more visible and accessible for tablet users by increasing the size of the search button, adding more white space, and making the search results bigger.
Old Tablet Google Search Experience:
New Tablet Google Search Experience:
The new redesign changes the way paid ads are shown in Google.com. No longer are ads visible on the hand right side of the engine. These ads are now either at the bottom or in the next pages. If your client’s ads are running on the side you might notice a change in performance. If you remember, Google automatically added tablet devices to the AdWords settings, claiming that they behaved similarly to desktop ads. Now this might change as tablet search doesn’t look like desktop search anymore.
If you want to read the official announcement from the Google blog click here: http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2011/07/new-google-search-experience-for.html
Mashable also wrote a short article about it: http://mashable.com/2011/07/29/google-search-tablets/
- Google Instant Search – What is the Paid Search & Quality Score Impact?
- Effective Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Methods For Google Panda
- Google Instant Previews Is Live – Now Search Visually
- Google Page Preview in Search Results Makes an Appearance
- Google Product Search Becomes Google Shopping – A Paid Service