Link Building Strategies That Will Work in 2013
We need to think out of the box link building strategies that will work in 2013 as technology and times have changed the world of Search Engine Optimization. On a higher priority, link building plays a vital role in search engine optimization and prior to Google Panda and Penguin updates, link builders manipulate the system by building links in manifold ways. In the recent times, it is found that these methods no longer work and they have become less effective. The problem actually aroused when people started abusing the system by utilizing spammy automated techniques. Google is now looking forward to fight against this by introducing the latest algorithmic updates. Bearing this in mind, it calls for a well-thought-out link building strategies for the wonderful New Year ahead, 2013 and the most important among them are as follows.
- Content Creation: Creating unique, valuable and informative content is the key for impact and effective link building. Make sure that your content provides value to the ultimate user. If done precisely, you can easily gain natural links from other sites and no algorithm can beat it. Remember “Content is the King” and this phrase will continue to rule in 2013 also. You can create any type of content, blog, article, press releases, newsletter, videos, whitepapers, infographics, widgets and more. All you need is to research the prevailing competition, see which type of content attracts more links and create similar content for your own websites.
- Guest Posting: Yet another way to get backlinks to your website is through guest posting. You can simply post or blog on other people’s forums and blogs and leave a link to your site with your signature. This type of link building strategy helps in building brand recognition while establishing yourself as an expert in your field and helps to tap into new audiences to promote your brand. When you post your content on high-traffic or well established websites, it helps to build your credibility in search engines and draws quality links back to your website.
- Social Networking: The increasing popularity of social media platforms has made social networking as an amazing link building strategy. Indeed it is the best platform to earn links, boost your site’s traffic, create brand awareness and enhance your overall reputation. Make use of top social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Reddit, Delicious, Digg, StumbleUpon, etc.
- Interlinking: One of the easiest link-building strategies is interlinking which refers to link within the site. Make use of the posts and pages in your website to enhance your profile. Interlinking helps in gaining authority on SERP and even helps search engine spiders to catch for new content. It is perhaps the great way to build organic links and offers more valuable information to your audience.
- Forum Posting: Draw a list of forums related to your niche. Create your profile and post your content on those forums to show off your knowledge and to get relevant backlinks to your site. Generally people use forums to find answers to their queries and to learn new things. By providing valuable information through your posts, you can gain more traffic as well as loyal readership.
- Linking Out: Whenever you come across a blog or site relevant to your niche, participate in the conversation with the author and other readers via comments. Leave fresh, useful and informative comments and create a backlink to your website. By doing so, you can get more traffic to your website.
These are some of the great link building strategies for 2013 that ensures long lasting results with positive return on your investment. The words you put on the web has no value unless it is read by someone. So create compelling content and strengthen your relationship with your target group for increased conversion.
Alfred writes for Dot Com Infoway, a multinational Company offering Information Technology services to businesses. They provide excellent Internet Marketing solutions with the help of well trained Search Engine Marketing Specialists